Monday, September 6, 2010

Parmesan Pull-Apart Bread

I have a million bread recipes that I've collected over the years that I haven't even tried. I just end up grabbing some bread at the store, offering butter as the condiment and moving on with my dinner.

Well, breads (along with other side dish recipes that I haven't even made a dent in trying) are going to make a big appearance on this blog for the next couple of months. So get ready!


This recipe I have seriously had forever. It's a recipe that someone shared with me when Elisabeth was just a baby!!


Ingredients:
1 refrigerated buttermilk biscuit thing; Parmesan cheese, butter. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


Take a loaf pan and generously grease it.
Take 3-4 Tbsp. of butter and melt it.
Take 1/2-3/4 C. of Parmesan cheese and put it in a separate bowl.
Take the buttermilk biscuit dough and cut each circle of dough into quarters.

Dip each quarter into the melted butter (which is one of my favorite shades of yellow!).
Then roll it around in the Parmesan cheese.
Take each dipped piece of dough and put it in your loaf pan.

Fill the entire bottom of the pan. I had a few that didn't fit in the single layer, so I just threw them on top kind of hodge-podgey.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
We ate ours as a side dish with a BBQ chicken salad.
The bread really was very easy to pull-apart! It was fluffy and perfectly golden.
Evan felt it would make an excellent side dish with a pasta meal that had marinara sauce to dip the bread in. Julia and Elisabeth just found it super delicious and wanted seconds. I agreed. :)

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment