Saturday, August 21, 2010

Irresistible Peanut Butter Cookies

Earlier this week, I decided to make some chocolate chip cookies for Evan to take to work. The entire base was having an exercise, which means that Evan is at work at weird times (like 4:30AM) and stays longer than he usually does. It sucks not only for all those working on base, but for their spouses too. (Evan gets really grumpy when he has to wake up at 3:30AM.)

But, I totally failed. The cookies came out gross and flat and chewy. I have no idea what I did wrong, but I was very disappointed. I hate it when I somehow manage to screw something up in the kitchen that I can make with my eyes closed.

So, I decided to try again. I had no chocolate chips, so I decided to try a recipe that I hadn't tried yet. This peanut butter cookie recipe won. :)


The ingredients: 3/4 C. peanut butter; 1/2 C. butter; 1 1/4 C. packed brown sugar; 3 Tbsp. milk; 1 Tbsp. vanilla; 1 egg; 1 3/4 C. all-purpose flour; 3/4 tsp. salt; 3/4 tsp. baking soda. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.


I started by measuring the peanut butter. If you look in the bottom left corner, you can see the line on my measuring cup that shows me where 3/4 of a cup is. It's quite handy. You can also see that I don't have enough peanut butter. (Sometimes, I don't always check to see if I have all the ingredients before I decide to make something. It makes me very spontaneous, don't you think?)
I didn't have more peanut butter in the pantry, but I did have this:
I used it to finish out the 3/4 of a cup. Hazelnuts and peanuts are related, I figure, so it'd work out fine.

Add the softened butter to the peanut butter.
And the brown sugar.
And the milk.
And the vanilla.
Cream them together at a medium speed until they are well blended.
Then add your egg and beat that in as well.
In a small bowl add the flour,
the salt,
and the baking soda.
Slowly add it to the creamed mixture on a lower speed.
Ooh! Look at how creamy and pretty it is! I love peanut butter cookie dough!
Excuse me, I have to try it.
Heaven.
Take heaping teaspoons of the dough and put it on the cookie sheet at least 2 inches apart. These cookies get rather large in diameter. Cook for 7-8 minutes, before they get browned.
Perfect!
Give one to your taste tester.
She loves it! Good job!
These cookies turned out lovely!
They are very thin and flat and melt in your mouth delicious. They are different than the other peanut butter cookie recipes I have where the cookies are more short and stout. I will definitely be making these again! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment