Saturday, April 3, 2010

Baked Sesame Chicken

I know, I know. I have been super lax about putting up new recipes. I do have some excuses lined up for you, but first I will apologize.

Sorry.

But, I do have some fabulous recipes in the wings just waiting to be posted for your enjoyment. I promise. I super duper promise.

First off, this one--Baked Sesame Chicken. I have no idea where I found this recipe (probably the internet or some magazine), but I love this recipe because of two reasons:
1. It has sesame seeds and I L-O-V-E sesame seeds. They are so crunchy and delicious.
2. It is easy. I am not kidding. It's so easy your dog could make it.

So, let's get started!

Ingredients:

2 Tbsp. of soy sauce; 1/4 C. toasted sesame seeds; 1/4 tsp. salt; 1 pinch of ground black pepper; 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves; 2 Tbsp. butter, melted.

See that hoisin sauce in the picture above? Yeah, you don't need it. I have no idea why I got it out and put it in this picture. My bad.

Oh, and something I neglected to put in the picture? Flour.

Yeah, you'll need 2 Tbsp. of the stuff.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Okay, let's start with the sesame seeds. You will note that in the ingredients, it tells you to toast the sesame seeds. Well, I didn't. As you can tell from the many things I've already had to correct, I was not in a good mental place when I was making this recipe. I probably shouldn't have been around knives or fire or children or any motorized vehicles. I don't remember feeling flustered or stressed out. I kind of think I was just having one of those "I've lost my ever loving mind and need lots of professional help" days. It happens.

So, take your (hopefully) toasted sesame seeds.

Add the flour

and the salt

and the pepper.

Mix them together.

Now, in a 9x13, add the soy sauce. (Is it just me, or is my oven not level?)

Please take your chicken and dip it in the soy sauce.

Then roll it in the flour mixture.

Place it in the 9x13. Now, I had chicken tenders, so I used about 12 of them (because I wanted leftovers). Because I used more, I ended up needing to double the flour mixture ingredients. Just to let you know.

Take the melted butter and drizzle it all over the chicken. Put the dish in the oven for 40 minutes (unless you did tenders like me, and I did it for about 25 minutes).


And that's it! When they are done they will look like this!!!

I served ours with roasted brussel sprouts and rice (of course...we love rice).


The thing about this dish, besides its simplicity, is that it tastes so darn good! The meat is so tender and I love love love the sesame seeds with the soy sauce. This recipe is the reason that I have a constant supply of sesame seeds in my pantry!

No comments:

Post a Comment