Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Zucchini Bread

I love zucchini bread. It is moist, delicious and cinnamon-y.

But, in order to make zucchini bread I have to 1.remember to buy the stupid zucchini and 2.love my family enough to grate said zucchini.

I hate grating. It makes my hands hurt. Am I the only one who feels this way? Do I have early arthritis?!?! I shall ponder this....


The ingredients:
3 eggs; 1 tsp. salt; 3 tsp. cinnamon; 3 C. flour; 1 tsp. baking soda; 2 C. sugar; 1/4 tsp. baking powder; 1 C. oil; 1/2 tsp. nutmeg; 2 C. peeled and grated zucchini. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

I had an ENORMOUS zucchini from a friend's garden that I was using to make some soup and I only needed a little less than half of the ENORMOUS zucchini. Not wanting to waste precious zucchini, I decided that I loved my family enough to grate zucchini and make them bread.

I'm such a good person.

First, you peel the zucchini. I just use a vegetable peeler.
Then you get out this fabulous birthday gift from your mother-in-law. Microplanes are a fabulous kitchen tool that I totally recommend you have on hand. But, please please please be careful. I do not want you accidentally grating your fingers. Ew.
My advice is to hold the microplane (or whatever grater you are using) still and move the zucchini over the blades. That way you are in control.
Done.
Now, take the three eggs
the oil
and the sugar and
mix together.
In a separate bowl, mix together the flour
salt
cinnamon
baking soda
baking powder
and nutmeg.
Mix.
Now, take the dry ingredients and slowly add some of it to the egg mixture
and then add some of the zucchini to the mix. Alternate until the dry ingredients and the zucchini is gone.
Mix well.
This will make 2 loaves. Make sure and generously grease the loaf pans. Nothing's worse than bread that sticks to the loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour.
Ta da!!!!
I made this bread at 10:00PM and then completely forgot to take a picture of a slice of the bread on a pretty plate. I'm so sorry. I'd take a picture of a slice of it right now, but my family has already devoured an entire loaf.

This bread is unbelievably delicious. The zucchini is the key to this bread being so moist and fabulous. Seriously, it's my favorite bread. You should definitely make some for your friends and family. They will totally love you more. I promise.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment