Friday, February 25, 2011

Fajitas

I don't know why I don't make fajitas more often.

They are unbelievably easy to cook, need very few ingredients, and make my tummy so very, very happy.

If you think you can not make fajitas because you've seen them at restaurants with their fancy shmancy smoking presentation, then you are wrong! You can totally do it!

The ingredients:
olive oil; 1 lb. of chicken (or steak or pork); green and red pepper, sliced; onion, sliced; lime; chili powder; tortillas; salsa; sour cream.

Start by heating up the oil in a large skillet. Once the oil is hot, add in the sliced vegetables and saute them.
While the vegetables are cooking, take the meat of your choice (chicken for us!) and slice it into strips.

Take the vegetables out of the skillet and put them in a dish to wait patiently.
Throw your strips on the still very hot skillet. Sprinkle some chili powder on the meat.
Cook on both sides until browned to your liking (and cooked through if it's chicken or pork). Please note that I did not do a great job of actually cutting my chicken into thin enough strips. Don't be like me. Cut them thinner so they're strips and not slabs. Thank you.
Throw the veggies back in with the meat and give them a good toss together. Then, cut that lime in half and squeeze the juice into the mix.

Mmm...fajitas.
This is how I assemble my fajitas:
Some people might smear the sour cream and salsa on first as if the tortilla were a canvas, but not me. I just glop it on.

Still tastes good to me!
I ended up having way more meat than vegetables, so next time I will use a whole green pepper and a whole red pepper and maybe another onion.

So simple and so yummy. Please make these pronto. You won't be sorry!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yum fajitas! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    -nicolette

    http://www.simplycolette.blogspot.com
    http://www.photographygetaways.com

    ReplyDelete