Monday, February 21, 2011

Cherry Cobbler

One of the desserts that my mom made yearly around holidays or when family visited was her Cherry Cobbler. I remember not liking the cherry part when I was little, but slowly appreciating the whole cherries in the dessert.

I made this for Valentine's Day since it is red and we usually either eat something red on Valentine's day or make our dinner into heart shapes. We could not make our fajitas heart shaped.

This recipe is actually called Fruit Magic and can be found on the back of Jiffy white cake mix boxes. I find the name Fruit Magic to be...unappetizing, so I choose to call it Cherry Cobbler. It's very simple to make and is oh-so-yummy! It is also super easy to double if you're making it for a large crowd.

The ingredients:
1 box white cake mix; 1/2 C. butter, softened; 1 can cherry pie filling; 4 oz. chopped pecans. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


You only need 1 box of Jiffy white cake mix, but I couldn't find any at the store, so I used half a box of normal sized cake mix. Mix the pecans with the cake mix.
Take the softened butter and with either a pastry blender or two knives, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until blended and pebble like.
Pour the can of cherry filling into a 9x9 baking dish and then pour the cake crumble mix evenly over the top of the cherry filling.
Bake for 40-50 minutes until the top is golden brown (including the middle of the topping!)
For best results, serve warm. Mmm...warm cherry cobbler.
This is total comfort food for me. I love it! Of course, you can always serve this with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream, but I opted not to this time.

Please try this dessert ASAP! It is most enjoyable!!!

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment