Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Fudgy Brownies

I have a confession.

I have never made brownies from scratch before. I know, I know, lots of people haven't. But, you don't understand. In our house, we love brownies. Love.

I usually buy the box of brownies when they're on sale for $1.00. But, the other day I was feeling "bake-y", so I started scanning my cook books for something to bake that I had all the ingredients for. That's when I found this recipe.

And I will never buy a box of brownie mix again.

Well, probably never again. Sometimes it's hard to pass up when they're only $1.00.

The ingredients:

1/2 C. chopped pecans; 1/2 C. chocolate chips; 2 tsp. vanilla; 2 C. of sugar; 4 eggs; 2/3 C. oil; 1 1/3 C. flour; 1 tsp. baking powder; 1 tsp. salt; 3/4 C. cocoa powder. Please preheat your oven to 350 degrees.


First we will start by chopping the pecans.

I heart chopping pecans because they are so easy to chop. Not like almonds. Those things are nasty little boogers when you try to chop them.

Now we'll mix all the dry ingredients into the mixer.
Flour.

Sugar.

Cocoa.

Baking Powder.

Salt.

Freshly chopped pecans.

Chocolate chips.

And mix.


In a small bowl, crack four eggs.

Slightly beat them. We're not making scrambled eggs, so no need to beat the daylights out of them.

Add the oil.

And the imitation vanilla that you're almost out of and then you'll get to use your real vanilla and remember to actually look at the labels when you buy ingredients since imitation is not the same as real.

Mix.

Now you are going to add the egg mixture to the dry ingredient mixture.

Mix. Mmm...doesn't that look yummers? The Diet Coke, not the batter.

Now, take the batter, and pour it into a greased 9x13 pan. The batter will be very heavy and sticky, so just make sure that it's a smooth and flat as possible in the pan. Put it in the oven for 20-25 minutes.

Lick the spatula. Cause it is ding-dong delicious. And ignore my hair. Thank you.

Brownies are done! Hooray!

Look how much they rose! And look how delicious they are! And smell that fantastic smell!!

Now, I took mine out after 20 minutes because I like my brownies kind of fudgy and gooey. If I was making these for company or to take somewhere, I would have cooked them longer. But, since Evan declared that they could not leave the house since he wanted to eat them all, I left them gooey.

These were so simple to make and so stinking delicious. They will be a huge hit if you make them and actually let others eat them. Or, you know, you can eat them all yourself. It's totally up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment