Monday, December 14, 2009

Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies.

Here's a recipe that my mom has made every Christmas since I was little. I remember that my sister and I's job was to unwrap all of the Hershey kisses from their packages. This was a fantastic job since usually we'd unwrap too many, so we'd have to eat the leftovers. We didn't want them going to waste.

I'm sure most of you have at one time or another had Peanut Butter Kiss cookies, but they are just too good not to share. Plus, I've started making them just a little different than my mom used to.

Here's the ingredients.

1 1/2 C. flour, 1/2 C. sugar, 1/2 C. packed brown sugar, 1 tsp. baking soda, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 C. butter, 3/4 C. peanut butter, 1 egg, 2 Tbsp. milk, 1 tsp. vanilla, powdered sugar and Hershey kisses. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

First you're going to start by combing all the ingredients together (except the powdered sugar and the kisses). So, the flour...


the sugar...


the brown sugar...


(look, I used two brown sugars because I ran out, and they're two different colors!) (I am easily amused, people)


the salt and the baking soda...


the butter (please try not to melt it like I did...butter and I do not get along)...


the peanut butter (now, I always use crunchy, because I can, but you certainly don't have to)...


the egg...


the milk...


the yummy vanilla...


and mix!


Spray a cookie sheet.


Now, once the cookie dough is all combined (with no left over flour sitting on the bottom like it always is when I make cookies), start pinching dough off to roll into walnut shaped balls.


Like so. Then you're going to roll the cookie dough ball into a small bowl of powdered sugar. Please make sure that you are drinking a Diet Coke while you bake. It makes it so much better if Diet Coke is involved.


You don't have to use powdered sugar. My mom always did regular granular sugar or those fancy green and red colored sugar. I find, though, that the powdered sugar melts into the cookies when they bake, leaving them softer and sweeter and yummier than the granular sugar. Whatever you like is just fine.


Now, space them apart 2 inches because these babies will spread a little.



While the cookies are baking at 350 for 10 minutes, start unwrapping those Hershey kisses.

I counted out the exact amount so there would be no leftovers for me to snack on. I also had no helpers since Ebeth was in school and Julia was napping. I had to unwrap them all by my lonesome. It was such hard, grueling work.


Okay, they are done! Notice how flat they are. Yeah...please don't melt your butter. Not that they won't be delicious. Cause they were. But, they were definitely flatter then I wanted.



But, no worries, because the kisses still melted into them. Make sure you put the kisses on while the cookies are still warm. Otherwise, they just won't stay.


Enjoy!!! Evan super loved these this year. I almost am out and I stinking made 35 of the buggers! I may have had a couple too, now that I think about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment