Saturday, June 5, 2010

Pan Fried Flounder

Oh my goodness. This recipe was on the menu planner for 3 weeks! But, because it's summer and unexpected invitations to dinners and bbqs pop up, it kept getting pushed back and forgotten.

Which makes it a fantastic meal. The ingredients are ones I always have on hand (minus the flounder, but it was frozen, so no worries). It took a matter of minutes to make and everyone loved it!!!


The ingredients:
Flounder fillets; 2 C. frozen peas or corn; 1 onion; 1/2 pint of grape or cherry tomatoes; 1 Tbsp. lemon juice; salt; pepper; olive oil; fresh parsley or dill.


Start by defrosting the fish. I forgot to do that and frantically threw it in the microwave when I should have been throwing it in the hot skillet.

Take a Tbsp or 2 of olive oil and heat it up on a large skillet. While it's warming, slice your onion.
Throw it into the hot oil and add the frozen peas or corn. I asked my family and they voted for peas, which was great since I had no corn in the house. :)
Cook until the onions are soft and the peas are no longer frozen.
Take your tomatoes and cut them in half.
Throw them in with the peas and onions.
Seriously, how pretty is this? I feel all meals should be this colorful.
Take the veggies out of the skillet and place them in a dish and keep them warm somewhere. I warmed mine in the oven at 250 degrees while I got my flounder defrosted.

Take the fish and put it in the skillet. You're going to cook the flounder about 2 or 3 minutes on each side until flakey. Add the Tbsp. of lemon juice while it's cooking.
Once cooked, add it to the vegetables and then make your whole family ooh and ahh at the beautifulness of the dinner.
And it is also delicious!!! I had a side serving of applesauce for those who can stomach that texture (aka: not me).
We ate all the fish and still had some veggies left over. No one else wanted them and I didn't feel like they would save well. So, next time I make it, I will probably make fewer veggies.

Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment