Thursday, December 23, 2010

Foolproof Dark Chocolate Fudge

I have found that fudge can be very hit or miss when I am making it. Do you also find this?

Fudge is one of Evan's favorite desserts and every year at Christmas time I attempt to make it. This recipe has always been a success for me and it is sooooo simple. Evan likes it a lot.

The ingredients:
3 C. semi-sweet chocolate chips (1.5 bags); 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk; dash of salt; 1 C. chopped walnuts; 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla.


In a medium saucepan on low heat, melt the chocolate
the dash of salt (1/8 tsp. is my idea of a dash)
and the sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
Once it's all melted, remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the nuts and the vanilla.
Take an 8x8 or 9x9 square pan and line it with foil. Spread the very sticky but oh so yummy fudge onto the foil. Chill for 2 hours until firm.
After 2 hours, the fudge should be firm to the touch.
Cut into small pieces and store loosely at room temperature.Next time, I will go easier on the nuts in the fudge, but that's my own personal preference. But, this fudge is very chocolate-y in a good way. It's not so sweet that it's too rich in taste, but still rich enough that you won't eat the whole pan. I gifted this fudge to friends at a Christmas beer potluck and it was very well received and almost all gone by the time we left. I'd definitely recommend making this if you don't know what to bring to your Christmas gatherings.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment